Sunday, February 14, 2010

Inspections R US

Saturday I met with members of various missionary and church groups serving a local community in Port-au-Prince. They were seeking to coordinate across denominational lines to more effectively help the Haitians in their community. I offered to inspect people’s homes, as I heard many people were still afraid living in them. This offer was well received. Tomorrow, the pastor of one church will inform the worshipers of my offer. They will have a sign-up sheet. One of the ministry interns will then meet with me and we will set out a schedule for doing the inspections. I believe I will be putting my qualifications to work.
I am also trying to learn what others are doing in regards to housing. I wrote my observations in this regard and sent them to the various organizations that I have contacted. A copy of these observations can be found at this link (if I can figure out how to add a link)

4 comments:

  1. Craig - I am reading your posts with a bit of envy of not being involved myself, but knowing your skill is needed. What a great hands-on way to help with safety inspections. At Hubcaps on Friday we discussed John 21 - I love you lord .... then go feed my people. Thanks for being there for us to feed them with your special skill.

    Blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the Lord has provided a way to put your valuable skills to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig - I am enjoying your posts and praying for your efforts. As for posting a link, if you can't figure it out, just post the full url of what you want to link to, and it should work, or at lease people can copy and paste it into their browsers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Babe,
    I just found your blogsite, thanks to Emily. Thanks for your wonderful cheery phone call, tonight. You sound well and excited. You are a testiment to the many prayers being offered up to you from family and frienids. God is Good. Stay healthy and follow the Holy Spirit's urging, and you can't go wrong.
    May our Lord continue to Bless you and all that you are doing as a service to those in need. You are my Hero.
    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete